St. Jacobs' most anticipated holiday event - St. Jacobs Sparkles - is one you won't want to miss! Village-wide, merchants throw open their doors and roll out the welcome mat to kickstart the holiday shopping season. Some offer once-a-year savings and in-store promotions, others greet you with festive goodies, and everywhere, good cheer abounds.
Perhaps best of all, this is your one chance to shop into the evening amid 1000s of twinkling lights as stores offer extended shopping hours to 9 p.m. on both Thursday & Friday night of the event. And who knows, you may even catch a glimpse of Santa himself on Thursday eve or Saturday afternoon!? Come be our guests!
Event: St. Jacobs Sparkles
2017 Dates: Thursday - Sunday, November 16 - 19, 2017
Location: Village of St. Jacobs
Hours: (most stores)
- Thursday, Friday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday 12 - 6 p.m.
Sit back, grab a coffee and read on to get a glimpse of some things that took place during St. Jacobs Sparkles 2016! (2017 dates: Thursday November 16 - Sunday November 19)
Step aboard a free horse-drawn trolley as it shuttles shoppers to and fro along the streets:
• Thursday 4:30 - 8:30 pm • Friday 4:00 - 8:00 pm
• Saturday 1 - 5 pm (the shuttle does not operate on Sunday)
Listen for the strains of wandering Victorian Carolers at Stone Crock Restaurant, Jacobs Grill, and along the streets during these approx times:
• Thursday 5 - 8 pm • Friday 4 - 7 pm • Saturday 2 - 5 pm • Sunday 1:30 - 4:30
Drop by Block 3 Brewing for a chance to win a prize pack, plus enjoy:
• Thursday: Burgers Brews and Bands, 5 - 7:30 pm
• chowdumplings pop-up Friday 3 - 9 pm and Saturday 11 - 7 pm
• Saturday: Live Music from 1 - 3 pm
Warm up "Burn Barrel" & Hot Apple Cider ~ hosted by Township of Woolwich Volunteer Fire Department (St. Jacobs Division) Thursday eve beginning at 6 pm in front of The Mill & Silos.
Complimentary hot cider PLUS Charity hotdog & marshmallow roast while quantities last!
UPDATE! Everyone had such a great time on Thursday evening that our fabulous Volunteer Firefighters are returning FRIDAY evening for another Charity hotdog & marshmallow roast! Come on out an support them, corner of King & Front Street starting at 6 pm.
Drop by "Magnolia's" on King St. during Sparkles for great gifts and more:
• Tealish tea sampling, Thursday evening
• Booksigning by "FireHouse Chef" Pat Mathieu, Sunday Nov. 20th, 1 - 3 pm!
• Save the HST on all regular-priced items (excluding crafty woodsman pieces) plus door prizes, refreshments, Christmas cookies!
St. Jacobs' Optimist Club is fundraising for the Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit at Grand River Hospital. Drop by their tent outside Scotia bank and enjoy cookies and candy canes! Donations appreciated to help support the tiniest members of our community!
• Thursday and Friday: 5 - 9 pm • Saturday: 10 am - 4 pm
Opening Reception at the art district gallery:
• Friday Nov 18th, 5 - 9 pm. Drop in to see original recent work and meet the artists at this trending gallery (located on King Street near Hachborn St.)
• Visit Red Coral Christmas Store in The Village to receive 15% off all regular-priced clothing & accessories!* Offer valid Thursday through Sunday. *Some Restrictions Apply
Hop on board Waterloo Central Railway's Sparkles Express on Saturday November 19, with 2 departures from St. Jacobs Farmers' Market, and with a stop in the village where you can disembark to shop, dine and explore for 1.5 hrs before catching return trip to Market.
Click here to Book 10 a.m. departure!
Click here to Book 12 noon departure!
NEW! Region of Waterloo Library: Let’s Read Edmund Unravels Story Walk
Walk with your family through the pages of the book, Edmund Unravels, displayed outside the St. Jacobs branch. This heartwarming tale, written by local author Andrew Kolb, is the Let’s Read selection for 2016-17. Come inside to make a Yarn Buddy craft and to enter the draw to win a free copy of the book!
at Region of Waterloo Library - St. Jacobs Branch, 29 Queensway Drive, St. Jacobs
• Thursday, November 17 2 - 5 p.m. and 6 - 8 p.m.
• Saturday, November 19 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Enjoy refreshments at Hybrid Hair & Detox Spa newly-opened in St. Jacobs! Hours during Sparkles: • Thursday 17th 10-6 • Friday 18th 10-9 • Saturday 19th 10-6. Also at the Spa:
• Friday evening enjoy the Live Music of Ryan Dugal and Claryssa Webb From ‘A New Ground’
• Saturday sign up for a Holiday Make Over: Book a package experience $40 & receive a Wash, Style and Mini Photo Shoot to use for anything from Gift Ideas, Head Shots, to Christmas Cards! Limited space so book early!
• Win Prizes ranging from 10% off Services and Retail to a Mini Spa Day!
Spot Prizes! Keep your eye on Facebook @StJacobsVillageShops or Instagram @StJacobsCountry at these times while shopping: Friday 1 pm and 3:30 pm.; Saturday 2 pm.; Sunday 2 p.m. to learn a surprise location in the village where you could WIN tickets to Red Rock Diner (at St. Jacobs Schoolhouse Theatre 'til Dec 24), or to "Christmas Homecoming" Concert by Grand Philharmonic Choir (Dec 11 at Centre in the Square) or a $50 Dining Voucher from Stone Crock & Jacobs Grill, by being first to the spot!
Storewide Sale at Toy Soup: 10% off storewide during Sparkles! Plus game demonstrations daily by local game expert during these times • Thursday 10-6 • Friday 2-9 • Saturday 10-6 • Sunday 12-5 Complimentary cookies from local bakeries too!
Is there a new coffee gadget you are dying to try? At Eco Cafe & Coffee Roastery, try out the various coffee gadgets they sell, ask questions...while finding the perfect gift and of course enjoying the coffee used to demo! Learn about their Specialty Coffee Gift Basket Program too!
Come into Angel Treasures for heavenly gift ideas! Chance to win in-store giveaway daily Nov 17 - 20. Details in store along with complimentary chocolate samples.
At Xclusive Elements: Save the Tax all 4 days of Sparkles (Thurs-Sun)! Plus instore promos,
prizes, festive treats, complimentary coffee
At Taste the 4th Sense: 20% off store wide Thursday- Sunday, and special samplings too! Hot sauces, oils and condiments galore for the foodies in your life!
At Lizzy R Fashions: Sparkle with Joy! Save the tax on your purchases, Thursday - Sunday! (half price merchandise excluded)
Home Furniture launches evening revelries on Thursday beginning at 6 pm! (note the store will be closed 5-6 pm on Thursday only to prepare; full details in store)
• Door Crasher specials of Reindeer Pairs, Christmas Aprons and Oven Mitts, 70% off!
• Spend $50 or more before taxes – Receive $10 HH Gift Card
• First 50 Customers receive voucher for discount and gift (to be used at time of Thursday evening purchases only)
Also at Home Furniture on Thursday & Friday: 70% off clothing & jewelry all day, and more!
On Saturday at Home Furniture (8 am - 5 pm)
• "Taxes in" on ALL purchases, including appliances, bedding and special orders
• "Wildly Delicious" Gourmet food tastings on Saturday afternoon
• local radio live broadcasting on site 9 am -1 pm!
Visit the Timber Barn showroom to find trending home decor items and exclusive Timber Barn gifts built in our shop onsite!
Home Hardware Thursday Night Festivities 6 - 9 pm:
• "Play to Win!" • Tax-free evening • Treats • Live music!
(please note the HH store will be closed from 5 - 6 pm to prepare for Thursday evening's activities)