St. Jacobs Sparkles - took place in the Village on
November 16, 17, 18, 19, 2017. Read on to see what was involved, and plan to attend the event in 2018.
Merchants have been busy as elves planning this special event just for you. Some offer once-a-year savings and fabulous in-store promotions, while others greet you with festive goodies and free draws. And all across town shopkeepers throw open their doors for extended hours to 9 p.m. on Thursday & Friday night and to 6 pm on Saturday & Sunday.
Outdoors, listen for strolling Victorian carolers, horse-drawn trolleys decked with lights and bells transport happy visitors around the block; the warm-up barrel fire burns brightly in the evening light and thousands of twinkling lights illuminate the streets. Everywhere, merriment and warm greetings abound (see below for schedule of outdoor activities).
St. Jacobs Sparkles
Thursday - Sunday, November 16, 17, 18, 19, 2017
Location: Village of St. Jacobs
• Thursday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
• Friday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
• Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Sunday 12 - 6 p.m.
Plan to attend! See more details below
Where to PARK:
New! FREE Luxury Shuttle to the village’s downtown aboard
Brentwood Livery's Limbusine when you park free at Calvary United Church (see location).
• Thursday evening 4:45 - 9 p.m. • Friday evening 4:45 - 9 p.m.
More free parking in the municipal lot off Albert Street, the Mill parking lot off Front St. Some street parking; overflow parking at
St. Jacobs Mennonite Church.
Free horse-drawn trolley ride:
• Thursday 4:30 - 8:30 pm
• Friday 4:00 - 8:00 pm • Saturday 1 - 5 pm
(the shuttle does not operate on Sunday)
Wandering Victorian Carolers:
• Thursday 5 - 8 pm • Friday 12:30 - 3: 30 pm • Friday 4 - 7 pm
• Saturday 2 - 5 pm • Sunday 1:30 - 4:30
SANTA makes a visit! Bring your little ones and your camera
• Saturday 1:30 - 4 p.m. • Sunday 1:30 - 4 p.m.
Warm up burn barrel hosted by the Township of Woolwich volunteer firefighters, St. Jacobs division.
Sweet cider, hotdogs & marshmallows while they last
• Thursday evening 6 - 9 p.m. • Friday evening 6 - 9 p.m.
(Located in front of the Mill; donations gratefully accepted)
Carols & Songs by Children's Choir from St. Jacobs Public School
• Friday evening in front of Scotiabank
sponsored by the St. Jacobs Optimists
Optimist Club of St. Jacobs Fundraiser to support new cribs for the Neo Natal Intensive Care Unit at Grand River Hospital.
(located outdoors at Scotiabank)
• Thursday • Friday • Saturday
Get Social! Be prepared to share images of your
favourite store displays for a chance to
Win a St. Jacobs Sparkles prize pac valued at approx $1,000!
Details at La Creme, Xclusive Elements & participating shops.
A peek at IN-STORE Specials:
Stone Crock Restaurant, Jacob's Grill, Stone Crock Bakery
• Enter on-site for a chance to Win a Daily Draw
Thursday Nov 16 - Sunday Nov 19
Stone Crock Meats & Cheese
• Drop in to enter for a chance to Win daily prize,
Thurs Nov 16 - Saturday Nov 18!
• Stone Crock Outdoor Pop-Up! Purchase a hotdog,
sausage-on-a-bun or chili outdoors,
Thursday & Friday approx 4:30 - 9 pm
or come on inside for a meal.
Spoil the Dog Bakery, Thursday Nov 16 - Sunday Nov 19:
• "Save the Tax" Sale all 4 days! Find many new christmas gifts for cats, dogs and their owners.
Cecelia's Boutique • free gift with purchase Thursday - Sunday
Block 3 Brewery,
• Live Music with the Block Three House Band;
• Wood-fired Pizza from "Those Pizza Guys"
Live Music with Drew Chester from 1-3pm
Hybrid Hair and Detox Spa
Thursday November 16 from 5:30 - 7:30 pm:
• a Christmas Carol sing-a-long
• 15-minute Angel Card Readings for $15
Plus discounts and prizes throughout November 16-19
Home Hardware, Thursday November 16, 5 - 9 pm:
• Try your luck on their Plinko Game, win a Prize!
• Specials • "Save the Tax" shopping • Treats
At The Farm Pantry on Friday November 17, 4 - 8 pm:
• Sample all natural specialty chocolates from local chocolatier!
EcoCafe (new location at front of the Mill)
Take a seat on their outdoor patio while visiting the
Stuffin’ Stockings crew
or take a seat inside and enjoy live music by a local harpist.
EcoCafe has great gift ideas for coffee lovers, such as:
• $5 coffee gift bags • $35 gift packs • coffee gadgets
• drink and coffee bean specials all weekend long!
Red Wind Studio
• 10% off all merchandise (with the exception of consignment items )
Gift to Remember
• 2018 Lang & Pineridge Calendars $19.99 • All Framed Prints 25% off the regular price
• 30 % Off New Arrivals! • 40% Off Jewellery and Accessories
• Door Crashers at great deals
• “No Tax” storewide during St Jacobs Sparkles! • Unveiling of our “Top 10 List” of gift ideas!
• Complimentary Coffee and Baked Goodies to enjoy while you shop
Region of Waterloo Library: St. Jacobs branch
• Let’s Read Storywalk in St. Jacobs,
Saturday, November 18, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Walk through the pages of the book, Good Morning Canada, displayed outside the branch; come inside to make a fun Canadian craft! Andrea Beck is the Let’s Read selected author for 2017-18. Free. All ages. Drop in.
At Angel Treasures
• Free draw; and everyone leaves with a Christmas angel ornament.
No purchase necessary; lots of chocolate to be eaten!
• enter a ballot draw for sunglasses!
Click here for St. Jacobs Sparkles Facebook EVENT LISTING