Welcome St. Jacobs Sparkles! This much anticipated holiday event celebrates the holiday shopping season and took place on November 16, 17, 18, 19, 2017. Read on to see what took place, and plan to attend in 2018!
Merchants have been busy as elves preparing once-a-year savings, fabulous in-store promotions, festive goodies, free draws, and more for you to enjoy. All across town shopkeepers throw open their doors for extended hours to 9 p.m. on Thursday & Friday night and until 6 p.m. on Saturday & Sunday.
Outdoors, strains of strolling Victorian carolers can be heard, horse-drawn trolleys decked with lights and bells transport happy visitors around the block; the warm-up barrel fire burns brightly and twinkling lights illuminate the streets (see below for schedule of activities). Everywhere, merriment and warm greetings abound.
St. Jacobs Sparkles
Thursday - Sunday, November 16, 17, 18, 19, 2017
Location: Village of St. Jacobs
• Thursday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
• Friday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
• Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Sunday 12 - 6 p.m.
Plan to attend and read on for lots more details!
Where to PARK:
New! FREE Luxury Shuttle to the village’s downtown aboard
Brentwood Livery's Limbusine when you park free at Calvary United Church (see location).
• Thursday evening 4:45 - 9 p.m. • Friday evening 4:45 - 9 p.m.
More free parking in the municipal lot off Albert Street, the Mill parking lot off Front St.,
street parking; overflow parking at St. Jacobs Mennonite Church.
Free Horse-drawn Trolley ride:
• Thursday 4:30 - 8:30 pm • Friday 4:00 - 8:00 pm • Saturday 1 - 5 pm
(the horse-drawn trolley does not operate on Sunday)
Listen for the strains of outdoor wandering carolers:
• Thursday 5 - 8 pm • Friday 12:30 - 3: 30 pm • Friday 4 - 7 pm
• Saturday 2 - 5 pm • Sunday 1:30 - 4:30
SANTA makes an appearance in the Village! Bring your little ones and your camera!
• Saturday 1:30 - 4 p.m. • Sunday 1:30 - 4 p.m.
(located in outdoor tent next to Toy Soup)
Warm up with warmed sweet apple cider at the burn barrel hosted by the Township of Woolwich volunteer firefighters, St. Jacobs division, in front of the Mill. Hotdogs and marshmallows while they last too (donations gratefully accepted).
• Thursday evening approx 6 - 9 p.m. • Friday evening approx 6 - 9 p.m.
Carols & Songs by Children's Choir from St. Jacobs Public School
• Friday evening
sponsored by the St. Jacobs Optimists
Get Social! Be prepared to post images of your favourite store displays
for a chance to win a St. Jacobs Sparkles prize pac valued at approx.
$1,000! Details at La Creme, Xclusive Elements and other participating shops.
Optimist Club of St. Jacobs fundraiser to support new cribs for the Neo Natal Intensive Care Unit at Grand River Hospital (located outdoors at Scotiabank).
• Thursday • Friday • Saturday
A peek at IN-STORE Specials & Activities!
Read on for details & date specifics, and check back often for updates:
Stone Crock Restaurant, Jacobs Grill, and Stone Crock Bakery
• Enter on-site for chance to Win daily draw, Thursday Nov 16 - Sunday Nov 19
Stone Crock Meats & Cheese
• Drop in to enter for a chance to Win daily prize, Thurs Nov 16 - Saturday Nov 18!
Cecelia's Boutique • free gift with purchase Thursday - Sunday;
in-store refreshments too
• Stone Crock Outdoor Pop-Up! Purchase a hotdog, sausage-on-a-bun or chili,
Thurs & Friday approx 4:30 - 9 pm outdoors, or come on in for a meal
Spoil the Dog Bakery, Thursday Nov 16 - Sunday Nov 19:
• "Save the Tax" Sale all 4 days! Find many new christmas gifts for cats, dogs and their owners.
Hybrid Hair and Detox Spa on Thursday November 16 from 5:30 - 7:30 pm:
• a Christmas Carol sing-a-long
• 15-minute Angel Card Readings for $15
Plus discounts and prizes throughout November 16-19
Home Hardware, Thursday November 16, 5 - 9 pm:
• Try your luck on their Plinko Game, win a Prize!
• Specials • "Save the Tax" shopping • Treats
At The Farm Pantry on Friday November 17:
• Sample specialty all natural chocolates from a local chocolatier!
EcoCafe (new location at front of the Mill)
Take a seat on their outdoor patio while visiting the Stuffin’ Stockings crew
or take a seat inside and enjoy live music by a local harpist.
EcoCafe has great holiday gift ideas for coffee lovers, such as:
• $5 coffee gift bags • $35 gift packs • coffee gadgets
• drink and coffee bean specials all weekend long!
Red Wind Studio
• 10% off all merchandise with the exception of consignment items
Gift to Remember
• 2018 Lang & Pineridge Calendars $19.99 • All Framed Prints 25% off the regular price
Lots more specials throughout the store
• 30 % Off New Arrivals! • 40% Off Jewellery and Accessories • Door Crashers at great deals
• “No Tax” storewide during St Jacobs Sparkles! • Unveiling of our “Top 10 List” of gift ideas!
• Complimentary Coffee and Baked Goodies to enjoy while you shop
Block Three Brewery
• Live Music with the Block Three House Band;
• Wood-fired Pizza from "Those Pizza Guys"
Live Music with Drew Chester from 1-3pm
At Angel Treasures
• draw for a prize, and everyone leaves with a Christmas angel ornament.
No purchase necessary; lots of chocolate to be eaten!
• stop by to see a variety of stocking stuffer ideas; and enter a ballot draw for sunglasses!
Region of Waterloo Library: St. Jacobs branch
• Let’s Read Storywalk in St. Jacobs, Saturday, November 18, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Walk with your family through the pages of the book, Good Morning Canada, displayed outside the branch and come inside to make a fun Canadian craft!
Andrea Beck is the Let’s Read selected author for 2017-18.
Free. All ages. Drop in. 519-664-3443
*See the EVENT LISTING on Facebook and click "Going"
PLUS, stay tuned to Instagram: @stjacobscountry, @stjacobsvillage
Facebook: St. Jacobs Village Shops